While I was surfing blogs to get a different header for this week, I happened upon someone’s post about things they both loved and hated about blogging. Seeing as I couldn’t come up with anything more exciting than that after pondering the matter all day, I’m taking that one and running with it.
2. Not so much: Not having the time any longer to visit a whole bunch of blogs I used to read all the time. I loved Thursdays spent surfing and commenting. Damn life had to intervene. GRRR!
3. Like: Sometimes I go back and read what I’ve written and am tickled at how good it came out. Most of the time I am left in the dust by the writing and creativity skills of other bloggers (coughDoocecough) but every once in a while, something really good comes forth. I’m glad it’s saved for all posterity.
4. Not so much: I admit that I’m a comment whore. I love the comments, people! Thus it follows that when I write something I think is cool and no one says anything, I’m bummed. Irrationally so, yes. Still bummed. I will say, however, that you guys haven’t let me down much for quite a while. One or another of you always cheers me on in some way.
5. Like: When you read my blog, you pretty much get a good dose of who I really am. Sometimes I’m verbose, sometimes the lack of posts tell you more than any words I could say. Sometimes, I am extremely snarky and other times I am a big marshmallow. For better or worse, this is me. In words. Which is to say Lisa = lots of words strung together in a rather nifty fashion.
6. Not so much: Having too many blogs and not paying attention to them the way I want to. Besides Snarkypants, I have my woo-woo ponderings blog, my woo-woo business blog/site, and a mystical blog Nancy and I are futzing around with (which we haven’t updated since, like, November). I could sit around all day and write and probably be happy. Just don’t have the time, alas.
7. Like: How my blog looks. Lauren did it and it’s probably gonna be this way for a long time. I wish I knew HTML so I could goof with it but it’s clean, it has stuff I want on there and I’m happy going to it.
8. Not so much: Somehow, when my blog got updated to the new WP edition, I can’t upload pics (I can store them somewhere else and post them, I think) and I can’t see the preview of the entry. I have to publish it and then look at it. Ptooey.
9. Like: Getting others to join me in the blog bandwagon. Some start and stop (Patrick, that’s you), others keep on writing no matter what (Mark, that’s you) and some are new to the blog waters and need encouragement (Carol, that’s you!). I like reading what my friends are up to – each has their own style which is how I think a blog should be!
10. Not so much: Perfunctory comments. I know that seems bitchy but when I visit someone’s blog (for a 13, usually) I try to leave a comment specific to that entry and find at least ONE good thing to mention about their writing, their topic choice, or even their layout. I get dismayed by comments like “good 13. Mine’s here” – well, that took no effort or brain cells at all. I don’t expect everyone to write a dissertation about it but when you visit other blogs, look for one positive thing to say to them and see if you can uplift their spirit a bit. Especially if they’ve written a really involved post, a decent comment is honoring the time they spent on it.
11. Like: When Cousin ‘O Love and I did the Blogathon 2K6 last year. Despite being rather sleepy, I had a good time and it was really fun to complete. I’m pretty sure I’m doing it this year and who knows who will join us! (looks at the PiK)
12. Not so much: My friends who don’t email me and let me know how they are (coughtwinniecough) because they feel like they are in touch with me by having read my blog. I am probably the same way so not throwing stones or anything. Just sayin’.
13. Like: I can spout my political opinions all I want and no one can say I can’t! hahah (hears a knock at the door and wonders if the Secret Service has come to pay me a visit.) This current administration SUCKS. I need to find that counter thingy that shows how many days until they are outta there and put it in the sidebar.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants