(Header graphic courtesy of Everybody Lies)
Thirteen quotes I really like:
1. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
2. “Discipline is remembering what you want.” – David Campbell (I am not a fan of the discipline but this helps make it a bit more appealing to me)
3. “The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer (So, do you think the clutter all around me means I have a cluttery mind? I’m thinking yeah)
4. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai Lama
5. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu (Thank you, Mom (for the first part) and Lauren (for the second part))
6. Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive it isn’t. – Richard Bach
7. â€œI am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.â€ – Winston Churchill (I love this one!)
8. â€œSuppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myselfâ€ – Mark Twain (HA! Sounds about right these days, doesn’t it?)
9. â€œSometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.â€ – Unknown
10. â€œSometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, ‘Where have I gone wrong?’ Then a voice says to me, ‘This is going to take more than one night.’â€ – Charles Schulz
11. â€œA patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.â€ – Edward Abbey (’nuff said)
12. â€œA woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good oneâ€ – Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
(Too true and Duty, I am oh so thankful for you!)
13. â€œWhen fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.â€ – Sinclair Lewis (No comment needed)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I can’t believe you were able to avoid even one Eddie???
Pears can … well you know!
Great quotes..I like #10..hehee..
I love the quotes!! I printed out the whole page :) Are you going to the game Sat? Did ya see last night?!!!
I love quotes! I’ll write some of those in my little quotes book.
Thanks for visiting my symbols TT!
Nice Thursday Post! I love Thursdays, the kids are in bed 7:30, then Earl, the Office, Greys, and ER are on! Can you say no laundry , and take out for dinner on Thursdays?????????
Hope you have a great TT, stop by my blog if you can!