Thirteen first wedding dance videos (with some commentary by you know who)
(If you leave a comment, tell me which was your favorite!)
1. Brubakers got back – if you watch just ONE of these clips, this MUST be the one. Would that I were as cool as these people or could even dance as well as them, I’d be a happy monkey. Alas, I am neither. I might have to get remarried just to do something fun like this (and break a hip in the process! haha)
2. A “Thrilling” time was had by all – yep, these people got their ENTIRE wedding party to learn and perform the dance from Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”. I’m a dork but I gotta tell you, I love watching this one. Watch for the lead guy to get into it – he’s a good dancer!
3. Nobody puts Baby in the corner – “I’ve had the time of my life” – even though the bride was a tad bit stiff (could you blame her??), she performs admirably, even on the jumps. And yep, their bridal party gets in on the act.
4. Baby redux – can you stand one more Dirty Dancing song? This bride and groom have it down pat, she’s got on the PERFECT swooshy dress for it and does a great job (even in what look to be rather uncomfortable shoes). Kudos all around!! (Yep, bridal party intervention was had by all. Where do people find these backup dancers to put in their wedding party??)
5. Stop! Hammer Time! Kim and Richard rock the house all by their lonesome on this one. Don’t they look like they’d be fun to go dancing with? She gets a bit “chicken wing” at times but props to her for doing it all on some pointy ass heels. Make sure you go to the end for a special flourish. (Why can’t I be this fun??)
6. “Let’s get it started — in heeeeeeere” – and Joel and Holly sure do! The fun starts about a minute 10 seconds into the video and ends with the guests joining in on the dancing fun.
7. Rina and Nick get “Crazy” – not the best of the group but it makes me laugh how high energy they are and she keeps trying to keep her dress up. You’d think people would consider these kinds of events when choosing a wedding gown, right?? LOL They look like they’re having fun … and what more could you ask for.
8. A Million Ways to be Cruel – Now you KNOW this took some work! It’s pitch-perfect, from the lead singer’s costume, the exact choreography and how much fun they seem to be having. One of my favorites in the group.
9. Doug and Jesse do a take off of this video (The Evolution of Dance – which is so worth watching!) and do a pretty good job of it. I don’t think I’d have the guts to try it (but I like watching others do that!)
10. Surprise Robot action – this is pretty cute – it would take me 100 years to get Duty to do something like this (and that’s just the convincing part, never mind the dancing part!)
11. Ah yes … regular people doing some regular dancing. How sorry do you feel for that poor groom? He gave it his all, didn’t he? Bravo to you, Mr. Groomperson!
12. Let’s Groove, babygirl – not your typical father/daughter dance but most entertaining. (Although I was a bit worried that Pop would have himself a heart attack on the floor! hehe)
13. This one made me tear up a bit because they are just so sweet with each other. (I’m a sap, I know it.) It’s kinda sappy at the beginning so you can skip to about a minute in or so … and be sure you see him singing “You are so beautiful” a la Joe Cocker to her. She just melts right into it. (this is one of my favorites because it’s so sincere. Oh goodness, to be in love like that!)