more cat pictures
… whilst chained to my desk all day:
1. My name is Lisa and I am addicted to Goetz’s Caramel Cream candies. I have eaten about twelve just today. It’s sad. I’d rather have that than almost any chocolate (except my all time favorite candy – Snickers).
2. I really don’t think Barack Obama should help Hillary Clinton pay off her campaign debts. I’ve heard pros and cons of this in various places around the interwebs and it’s my feeling that she made the choice to carry on as long as she did and when she made that choice, she assumed the debt and attendant consequences that came along with it. That is not his responsibility. I’d say the same thing if the situation were reversed. Accountability is important and something we are lacking in this current (mis) administration.
3. My new favorite David Cook song is one done with his band Axium a few years ago. It’s called “Therapy” (gee, no surprise I’d like it, right? hah) and his voice just soars on it. You can listen to it here although it sounds lots better on my Ipod. The line that really jumps out at me is this:
I’ll come back stronger / can’t help but remember that’s it easy when it’s done being hard
I think that’s both simple and profound. Pretty cool, hey?
4. I am totally not packed at all for the Seminary. Plus, it’s going to be a bizillion degrees up on that mountain and I never wear shorts in public. What to do, what to do? I am a slug.
5. Got three new books in the mail today (as if I need more! haha): The Divining Heart, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder (light reading, that) and a cool one I heard about on a forum that grew out of the Cookie love on AI forums. The book is called The Instruction and it looks to be enlightening. Can’t wait to delve into them. Good airplane reading. Plus, I am still reading the new book by David Sedaris. YEY for books!
6. Oh – wanna know why the gas prices suddenly shot up? It ain’t supply and demand, my darling friends. Speculators who were running amok in the housing/mortgage market are now doing it to oil. Yep. They blew up one market and now they are on to another. Jeebus. Surely there are lessons here.
7. I wonder if people think I am constantly eating at my desk. I am, but I wonder if anyone notices it. I eat all. the. time. Surely there are lessons there, too.
What do you think about all day at your desk? ‘Fess up!