Okay fine … I know I haven’t done Thursday 13s in like forever. And I am thinking it’s not Thursday because if it were, I’d be eating a turkey and dressing sammich or some pumpkin pie. (Checks plate for yummy things and sees it’s empty.) Plus, it’s not even Wednesday! But who cares?
Herewith is my Wednesday 13 – things for which I am thankful (a day early):
1. A new President – hallelujah! I was beginning to worry about this nation. (Beginning to be worried? hahah I know. I was in full-fledged spazz out mode.) Finding our way out of this mess will not be easy but at least there are adults in charge now. And not the crooky, stealing-all-our-money kinds either. (Yes, Cheney, I’m looking at you.)
2. I met David Cook!! And didn’t die of embarrassment (although I should have, given the stuttering issue). While I’ve spent more money and time on this “obsession” than pretty much anything else this year, it was the most fun I’ve had in quite a long time. I finally owned my fangirly tendencies, nay EMBRACED them. I wouldn’t trade that for ANYthing. (I love him. Have I mentioned that?)
3. New job! Nice people! Hardly any work that requires thought! YEY! After a year and a half of the boss from hell and getting yelled at every five seconds and making mistakes on things I could do in my sleep, it was such a refreshing change to enjoy being at work. Somehow I manage to keep the most focused, driven and detail oriented woman happy and that’s all I care about. The angels gave me this job and I plan to stay until it’s time to fly on my own.
4. Two visits to Sancta Sophia this year – fun, peace and spiritual adventure. I love going there. Next year, I think I will spend the week with nice people and good sniffs, taking the Essential Oil intensive in July. We’ll see.
5. The Woo-Woo Chicks! Thanks to my networker buddy Marianne, my vision of a group of women getting together to discuss woo-woo things and such has become a reality. We have great fun together and have really helped each other open up to our many gifts. I look forward to great things for the WWCs in 2009.
6. Hanging with the bitty Luke has been such fun! I forgot what great joy a child can bring into one’s life. And he’s such an expressive one, too. I can read every little thought in his head and it’s hilarious. I can’t believe he’s almost a year and a half now. Wow. Time is flying!
7. Visits with Aunt Janet – I love going to see her and talking about all kinds of things. She’s my dad’s sister and I was close to her as a kid but somehow lost track of her. Then Mom told me AJ gave her a hard time about my wedding because I didn’t get married Catholic. (Mom’s response? “Janet, the girl is 40 years old. What do you want me to do about it?”) I got it into my head that she didn’t like me. It wasn’t until Lauren’s passing that we saw each other again and I realized that wasn’t true. So, Cousin O’Love and I (and husbands) have visited her a couple times this year and the last time I went on my own. We had such a good time – I can’t wait to go back. She let me give her Reiki and she sniffed some oils and I even told her all my woo-woo adventures. Bless her and her open mind and heart. (Sends a big hug through the ether to AJ)
8. Randi Rhodes and Stephanie Miller – Two radio hosts that helped keep me sane and cheerful this election season. Randi taught me all kinds of things and Stephanie and Mooks kept me laughing. What more can one ask for?
9. Finding my voice – and keeping my integrity while doing so.
10. Teh internets. I love you so. Where else can a knowledge addict like me waste time reading and writing and looking stuff up?
11. LOL cats – how could I forget? This is my happy place (along with assorted pictures of Cookie’s arm porn and stuff). I can haz happy? Kthxbai.
12. Starbucks Gingerbread Lattes – coming soon to an ass near you. (Yeah, calories galore but indeed “Liquid Crack” (tm Eliot).
13. My job, my health, my home, and my honey. I am blessed more than I deserve and enormously thankful for all of it.