but so what?
Saturday 9: Crazy Sam’s Last Meme of 2008
1. What was the best thing that happened to you personally in 2008?
OH! I got to meet David Cook! How could I possibly sit here and wonder what that event was? Am I insane? (Don’t answer).
2. What was the worst thing that happened to you personally in 2008?
Having to send my sweet kitty Murphy off to kitty heaven on Lauren’s birthday (May 23rd). It was hard and I cried more over that than anything else this year.
3. What was the best thing to happen to all of us in 2008?
The wonderful community that was created around Barack Obama’s campaign and how it finally felt like people woke up for this election. And for that I say THANK YOU.
4. What was the worst thing to happen to all of us in 2008?
The economic meltdown was (is) a huge mess. It breaks my heart to hear of people losing jobs, homes, and food pantries empty and so on. And his royal highness just sits there and laughs. His vice royal highness said “So?”. Nice, hey?
5. What was the best gift you received during the â€™08 holidays? I got a really lovely bracelet from the NoAF that I love because it’s got swirlies and cool stuff on it and it’s just so MEEEE!
6. What was the best gift (most appropriate or best received) you gave during the â€™08 holidays?
Well, I conspired with someone to get Joanna the “Oils of the Bible” set of 12 essential oils that she really, really wanted. Does that count?
7. Do you have any regrets about what you did in 2008?
In general, no. I had a really hideous situation present itself and I tried to handle it with love and integrity as best I could. It was not easy but I am glad for the learning experience (even if it did set me back a couple hundred bucks for the energy work piece that followed!).
8. Do you have any regrets about what you didnâ€™t do in 2008?
Yes, I am always moping about what I didn’t do. That’s just who I am. Maybe one day I will give myself credit for what I DID do. Oh wait … there was a situation early on where I was too scared to speak my mind. Not sure what my deal was but I just couldn’t come out with it. It sort of drifted away (more or less) but if I had it to do over again, I think I’d have been more up front from the get go.
9. Did you meet anyone that became important to you in 2008?
Does Cookie count? No? Fuckety. Well, then finally getting the woo-woo chicks group up and running and spending time with like minded women has been great.
Try not to hold yer breath waiting for my end of year retrospective wherein I opine on all manner of things from the current (and soon to be ending) year. Just toss it in a pile along with all the other EOY stuff to read on NY day when you are recovering from your NYE hangover. Me? I did enough drinking at the office christmas party and that’s gonna hold me for quite a while. Bet on it!