I’m making up my own meme today just because I’m stuck trying to write something else and thought this might loosen up the old creative juices!
Five songs I listened to the most on my Ipod last week:
1. Come on get higher / Matt Nathanson – I like this song a lot – it’s got a neat, sexy vibe. I heard it on the Music Choice channel that I turn on as I’m getting dressed for work and it really grew on me. And yep, it’s one of my most played songs on my Ipod.
2. Anodyne / Midwest Kings – this was a song David Cook co-wrote with the Midwest Kings. On the album version, Andy Skib sings lead but in concert Cookie sings it and it’s sublime. I like it no matter who sings it (but yes, slightly leaning toward the DC version, of course.)
3. Details in the Fabric / Jason Mraz – I loved this the first time I heard it. There’s a great lyric in it that really has neat alliteration (which I love) and that just grabbed me. “If it’s a broken part, replace it, if it’s a broken arm, then brace it, if it’s a broken heart then face it” … I love that. Not sure why. Just do.
4. Breathe Me / Sia – first time I heard this was in the finale of “Six Feet Under” and I thought it was such an ethereal song. I feel like I’m floating when I listen to it.
5. From the edge of the deep green sea – The Cure Just found this one and it’s pretty awesome, I gotta admit. Plus it has a sentimental connection for me (and all i want is to keep it like this / you and me alone) But Robert Smith is still one scary ass looking dude. Just sayin.
What’s #1 on your playlist??