I am officially late. Not as in “dead” late but as in “timely” late. As in tardy. It dawned on me last night that I missed my weekly 100 things post and I swear I could almost hear the weeping and gnashing of teeth from all three of you out there.
Well, here’s your Friday bonus!
10 Random Off-the-top-of-my-head things:
1. My very favorite line from any song ever is from “Straight Ahead” and it’s this: “Take a minute just to breathe and think of everything you wanted and what you got instead.”
2. I have been awash in apathy the last few weeks.
3. There’s a bird that keeps tapping on the window in the sunroom (it’s an Oriole, actually) and I can’t decide if it’s a sign from the Universe to which I need pay attention or if the bird is just a goofball and can’t tell it’s a window. Right now, I’m leaning toward the latter.
4. I love the sound of the dishwasher running.
5. I love angel stuff but not those goofy cheruby ones that you see all the time. If anyone gives me a cherub, I will have to sacrifice it on the altar of … well, if not Satan than perhaps one of his minions.
6. Speaking of angels, mine have been quiet of late. I think they are letting me stew in my own juices for a bit.
7. Catching up on season 2 of “Mad Men” (bows to The Gal for the serious nudge to watch it) and marvel at how far women have come since just when I was born. That show is interesting from about ten different perspectives, actually.
8. When my sadness overwhelms me, it gets stuck in my chest and I can’t breathe.
9. I just finished a book that seemed compelling while reading it but as a whole sucked donkey balls. Cousin O’Cool wants me to join her in her Twilight obsession so perhaps I will do that.
10. What’s the point of Tweeting? Or is my life so incredibly dull that I cannot fathom why anyone would want to know what I’m doing (find me under Snarkypants on Twitter.com, btw) every day. I think I will start making up crap and see if anyone notices.