1. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done in the name of love?
When I was 23, I worked as a receptionist. One of our phone clients and I struck up a friendship and he was always saying he was going to come in to see me and that I wouldn’t know it was him but he’d know it was me. I somehow wangled out of him where he worked and my friend and I drove there to look at him. The next time he made a comment about seeing me first I said “I have seen your ass already.” (yes, I actually said that to a client. I was young, what can I say?) He swore I hadn’t but I named all the landmarks in the area and he had to concede I had. You can bet he came in shortly thereafter to meet me but I had won because I saw him first. heheh (It wasn’t love but admit it, it’s a good story!)
2. How much mystery should there be in a relationship? Is it a good thing or not?
Depends on the nature of the relationship. If you’ve been in it for 10 years, mystery probably goes out the window. 10 minutes? Then mystery is fun. Some people are mysterious and let you in bit by bit and that’s when it’s the best because you know they trust you. I like that.
3. Is there someone in the blogosphere you’d like to get to know more intimately? Have you been too shy to ask? Let me help you. Write a 3 sentence anonymous blove letter to them in this meme. Leave a link if you dare. (I promise not to tell!) “Dear Blogger, I’ve been meaning to tell you for the longest time that I ___________etc etc”
I don’t have a blogger about whom I feel that way but there is a poster over on Ask MeFi who is really good at how s/he responds to certain questions.
Someone posted this question:
My parents split about a year ago. My father has started dating under unusual circumstances, and it makes me somewhat angry. Am I overreacting? How can I find peace with the situation?
The poster’s response (which I loved):
There is no such thing as overreacting. There is a such thing as overreacting to your emotions.
That is to say that you are as angry as you are and denying that does no good, but you don’t have to react to your anger via displaying it or acting in an offensive manner. It isn’t the feeling, it is the acting out of the feeling. Just squelching things won’t work.
I’ve read back over some of their answers and love the calm and straightforward way s/he responds. No idea who they are, not a love thing at all but just a cool admiration thing. Anyone who can communicate well (as I feel s/he does) is tops in my book.
4. Describe a “perfect evening” with the one you love.
Let’s see, a perfect evening with the sekrit boyfriend (he counts, right? I mean, I’d have to ask his band members if they’ll let him have the night off and all but I think they’ll say yes.) Pizza and movies, I think. Or dancing. And pizza. A beer or two, perhaps. Drunken singing is also fun. Let’s go with pizza, beer, dancing and singing.
5. If you are in a relationship, describe the one thing that makes it work well for you. If you are not in a relationship, do you want to be? If so, what type of romance are you looking for? What would it look like in your life?
What has worked for me in any relationship I’ve had is space of my own. I’m not a “need to be with you 24/7” kind of chick. In fact, I can’t stand being with MYself 24/7! heh If the other person has interests and activities they do on their own, I am more than happy to honor that. I like my time alone. (I *need* my alone time, I think.)
6. If you had to choose between having good sex (I told you not to let your mother read this) OR intelligent conversation on a regular basis, which would you choose and why?
Can I have good sex and then intelligent conversation? Intelligent convo leading to wild hot sex? How about arguing with someone of the opposite political persuasion until we are thrashing about in bed taking out our aggressions on each other? Oh my. I seem to have gone in a whole other direction with this question, haven’t I? Must I choose? Okay. The sex one, then. Thrashing optional.
and finally…..a purely selfish question:
7. I’ve got the Bloggingham Blues. What type of man is right for Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt? Do any of you see love in her foreseeable future? What do you suggest I do to spice up my love life? What am I doing wrong????!
You need an imaginative, free-spirited and fun-loving man. I think wearing your tiara around town would signal your uniqueness to all and attract just the right suitor. Well, either that or someone with a royalty fetish which could also be fun in the meantime! heheh
Yes, you beat me! Aren’t you just the prompt little Snarkela. Maybe if I didn’t spend so much time watching Cookie being interviewed about Chicago while wearing fetching green scrubs … (That would be David in the scrubs, not me.)
Love your answer to #5!
I shall wear my crown to the grocery store tomorrow!
I liked your thrashing answer. It was so….so…so…visually intellectual.