This meme is called Do you believe in magic?
Wise words from the Queen:
It’s all about those things we can’t explain, things that go bump in the night, and other freaktacular occurrences. In this crazy world of ours, what’s normal anyway??! We’ll even talk about sparks of a pleasurable kind….if you dare. And since I’m in a daring mood, let’s get started. Good luck. And please, try to stay out of the dungeon this week. It’s getting cold down there this time of year.
1. Tell us about your superstitions. Do you have any? Do you “x out” black cats on the windshield of your car, avoid cracks in the sidewalk or practice other rituals that make you feel safer? Don’t have any? Come on now! Make up some….
Hmm, well being the mystical chick that I am, I do have a really good relationship with my pendulum. If it indicates no on something, I don’t do it. Period. End of story. Really. It’s odd because it mostly verifies what I know to be true from an intuitive level. Sometimes, though, it’s hard for me to see through the haze of emotion and random spazziness and that’s when it comes in very handy. For those that are scared of using something like a pendulum, I want to clarify that it’s just a way to access your higher self. The pendulum holds no “power” or magic. It’s just a tool to bypass your rational (in my case, irrational!) thinking mind. Be not afraid, kids.
2. Has anything paranormal ever happened to you that you can write about?
Check out this Halloween post – scroll down to #11 and you’ll see that I have had some interesting experiences. In addition to that, I’ve had visits from my late Aunt Marge on her way off this mortal coil (She caught me in the bathroom. I was minding my own business and I hear, clear as a bell, her voice. “Hi Hon!” she said. It was a quick convo, actually, and she told me that my mom was fine and that she (mom) was very busy on the other side which is why I haven’t heard from her much. It was a funny, chatty kind of conversation.
My grandmother in Spirit would come through just about any medium I visited, usually barreling her way in. She would cause the medium to get a coughing fit or, in one case, he could feel her energy literally pushing on him to tell me she was there.
Yeah, me and the supernatural world get along just fine.
3. Have you ever had a near-death experience? Care to share?
I haven’t. It sounds like it would be a very enlightening experience. The Dean of Sancta Sophia Seminary has had one and came back from it a changed person.
4. Pheromones…aka “love fireworks” (I think I remember those)…are a force to be reckoned with. Do you believe that two people can have an uncontrollable chemical reaction to each other? How do you know this to be true?
Yep, I believe it. Had a boyfriend back in the day who was, for all intents and purposes, a shithead with a side of asshole thrown in for good measure. But when he kissed me, I almost lost consciousness! We had amazing physical chemistry but he was such an awful person that even amazing chemistry couldn’t hold me there.
I think if it’s there, it’s there and you can feel it even across a distance. Trust me on this.
5. Do you believe that modern day witches can put spells on people? If so, who would you like to hoodoo and why?
I’m gonna have to get up on my mystical soap box here and say this: Energy is Energy. It’s INTENT that causes it to be used for positive or negative reasons. There are all kinds of people who put lots of icky thoughts and thought forms out into the universe. Witches and lightworkers, in particular, are well aware of the responsibility of that energy and intent. The Law of Three is explained this way:
The other “Law” of Witchcraft is the “THREE-FOLD LAW OF RETURN”. Basically, this is the natural law of “cause and effect”. The Goddess charges us to exercise great care in all that we, as Witches, do and say and even think. The Threefold Law takes the notion that “what we reap, we will sow”, a few steps further..in fact, THREE steps further. For what we do “for good or for ill, shall be returned to us threefold.” In light of this fact, Witches are loath to cause any harm, lest it be returned to them in spades!!
Even though I am not Wiccan, I think this is a pretty practical law and variations of it can be found in the bible under the “as you reap so shall you sow” chapter and verse. Therefore, I don’t want to send crap energy to anyone because: 1) it’s not a very nice thing to do and 2) it could bounce back on me and I can stir up enough stuff on my own without adding that, thankyouverymuch.
Bottom line (minus the soapbox): no hoodoo for me. :)
6. ESP! What do those letters stand for in your life?
E for Engaged (in life)
S for Snarky (DUH)
P for Pretty Damn Dorky
7. Do you ever hear strange noises in your house? If so, what do they sound like?
The ceiling in the sunroom has some weird creaky action going on when the wind is particularly strong. Just odd. I try to ignore strange noises so I don’t have to get off the couch and investigate.
8. Tell us about a time you “knew” something was going to happened before it did. Are you one of those intuitive types or do you know someone who is ? Do tell.
Listen, my mom had this one in spades! She would get one of her “vibes” and if she said not to step my ass out the door, I did. not. go. She had prophetic dreams and she also just sort of knew stuff. Later in her life, when I came into my own as an intuitive, she had pretty much shut hers down. Her ego self and her cynicism really clouded her visions, unfortunately.
9. I’m a tad gifted in the dream department. Really. Sometimes my dreams are prophetic and come true. It can be a blessing and a curse. Has this ever happened to you? If not, would you like to have this gift? (Be careful what you wish for. It can be freaky at times.)