Sunday Stealing: The Party Mummy Meme
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
My evil twin, Liza. I wish she’d get another day because she gets all the attention, gifts and balloons.
2. Where was your first kiss?
In the woods with Billy Miller – when I was 6. I loved him. Why my parents were allowing six year old me to go traipsing around the woods alone with a kid named Billy is one of my life mysteries. (The other is why my mother let my blind father vacuum.)
3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why?
Does slugging in jest count? No? Well, then I plead the fifth.
4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When?
No and you’re welcome. I know that the one time I’d do karoke would be immortalized on the YouTubes for all the world to laugh at. Next thing you know, there’d be a cult following and would just be a mess.
5. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex?
Do you mean person of the preferred sex? (Look how PC that question is phrased!) – Going by the men I find most attractive, it’d be sense of humor. (Eddie Izzard, Jon Stewart – not known for their suave good looks.) After that, well, I like a good cheek (as George Costanza would say).
6. What really turns you off?
Smoking and associated smells, loudness and rude people
7. What is your biggest mistake?
That’s a tough one. I have lots of mistakes, like everyone else. Biggest? Going back to eating sugar after my gastric bypass surgery. I was off it completely for over six months and then bit by bit I went back to it and it’s been an uphill battle ever since.
8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
No, I’m not into physical pain. It makes me so so so sad when others do it. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain inside them that would compel them to do such a thing.
9. Say something totally random about yourself.
My pajamas say “Kiss Me” and I wish someone would!
10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Just the blind man on Main Street and I’m not sure he’s a good judge.
11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
No. I could barely stand them when I was a kid.
12. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes, just tall enough to reach stuff on a shelf. Bonus: when I wear heels, I get magically taller and am imbued with many great talents as well.
13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
My 17 year old boyfriend Bob wrote me a love letter in French (I had to get the French/English dictionary to translate it. He was a much better French student than I was and really just a dream teenage boyfriend.) I tend to see the romantic gesture in lots of things so it never has to be anything big.
14. When do you know it’s love?
When someone loves you “just as you are”, to quote a line from Bridget Jones’s Diary.
15. What’s something that really annoys you?
One thing? Just one? Damn. I’d say ignorance. If you don’t know what something is, find out. Like those dumb ass emails people send out that have been debunked fifteen ways to Sunday by Snopes.com – if you are going to pass it on, check out the information you are sending out and see if it’s true.
Hell, back in my day, we had to drag our collective ass to the library. Now, you can just turn on the old laptop and Google it and within a few seconds, you’ve got all the info you need. There is no excuse for sending out crap like that. I don’t care what it’s about.