Taking a break from the woo for a day (at least here on ye olde Snarkypants. IRL? Nevah!) and sharing some thoughts of the day because I know you are really waiting for them. (hahahah I know. Please to be letting me delude myownself, mmkay?)
1. Tiger Woods – oh for fuck’s sake. We get it. He’s done some stuff. And I know that his extremely low profile ‘lo these many years only fuels the media’s desire for more more MORE. But this is just ridiculous. I don’t want to read his texts, learn how well-endowed he is or how many chicks he was banging. Watching someone’s life come apart at the seams, regardless of who it is (Britney, Mark “Appalachian Trail” Sanford … whomever) is just so sad on so many levels. And try as I might, I cannot escape those dumbass headlines. Even scanning them makes me want to take a shower. What people will do for money is appalling to me. Bleah.
2. Speaking of what people will do for money – Hi Congress who are paid by all kinds of lobbyists to do their bidding. As I said before, with the exception of maybe (maybe!) five members between the House and the Senate, you all suck. I know money-getting is part and parcel of the election process and I think we’d all be better off if there were some regulation around campaign financing because what we have now isn’t working at all. This bullshit wrangling back and forth over opening up health care for all is such a sham. And I’m fucking sick of hearing about it.
3. Adding to that, I am glad to see President Obama’s decision to increase troops in Afghanistan has been roundly criticized. On this, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt since he has access to information we do not and never will have. We can’t know the scope of what’s going on there. Still, it kills me that more lives are being sacrificed for what appears to be a big fucking mess. But I can appreciate that he’s being held accountable for his actions and that those who are against it (me and a bizillion others) are being vocal about it.
4. I like Twitter but I think I have some peeps on there who are huge chatters back and forth and the noise-to-(something) ratio is a mess. I’m gonna have to unfollow some who clog up my feed with their chatting unless I can figure out a way to segregate it somehow. Yesterday, when I was having a shitty day at work, Twitter was the only place I could whine. Whining to co-workers about other co-workers isn’t cool and will come back to bite me in the ass.
5. Cookie baking tomorrow! With Luke! And Cousin O’Cool! YEY! I think I will wear a santa hat because I am just that dorky. Don’t know if they pulled all the ingredients together for Italian cookies but we’ll see.
How’s that for quick thoughts?