Saturday 9: You Shook Me
1. What celebrity would you just want to shake some sense into?
Oh goodness. Who to choose on this one? I’m gonna say Courtney Love because that woman is entirely too old to be acting like that. Her 17 year old daughter is more mature than Courtney. That’s a sad situation there.
2. What do you think comes after death?
To me, death is just closing your eyes to one dimension and opening them to another. I look forward to seeing what’s beyond the veil. I have no fear of death at all.
3. What is the first book that you can remember reading by yourself as a child?
I was always a reader so I can’t say what the first book was that I remember. Just that I always found peace in books – like a little world I could dip into now and again. I definitely remember reading “Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret” – anyone remember that one?
4. What was the first rock concert that you attended?
He really and truly cannot be called “rock” but when I was 11, Cousin O’Love (and our respective mothers) had third row seats for David Cassidy. We had a great time. And thus started my love for all things “David”.
5. If you were to suddenly become famous, would you choose a stage name? If yes, what would it be?
I think Pinky Tuscedero was taken many years back so I’d call myself Midge.
6. What is the one thing that you wish the media would stop talking about?
The unrelenting coverage of the Tiger Woods saga is way past it’s freshness date. Move on, already.
7. If you could be part of any band, which one would it be and who would you be and why?
And it shall come as no surprise to you that I’d join up with DC’s band, right? I’d play keyboards (even though I can’t presently, it’s my damn fantasy so hush!) thus freeing Andy Skib up to headbang away on his guitar.
(I really don’t want to join them though because a) I’m too old for that stuff and b) I’m pretty sure I’d see things I don’t wish to see and that would not be fun. Ignorance, at times, can be bliss.)
8. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they?
Most live within an hour or so of me and that makes it nice during the holidays when I don’t have to travel all that much.
9. Last seasonal question (promise): What did you do on New Year’s Eve?
Went to a friend’s house, ate really dry and dense steak and rice, chatted a bit and then came home. Was wrapped in my snuggie at 11pm, goofing around online. It was just fine with me.