At least the sun was out for a bit today and I got my nails done all pretty and ate a yummy muffin. So, even though we are awash in snow, it’s a good day.
Saturday 9: It’s a Beautiful Morning
1. Are you a morning person?
Depends on your definition of a morning person – my mom used to be up at 5am routinely, weekends included. If that’s your definition, then no. But I’d say that I like the mornings and am probably at my sharpest then into early afternoon.
2. Tell us of a news story that truly shocked you. This one shocked, horrified and made me so very, very sad for everyone involved: Soldier father accused of waterboarding his four year old daughter because she couldn’t recite the alphabet. Bless that little child’s heart and what she must have gone through. There are no words that adequately describe this whole scenario.
3. What was your very first job?
I worked in a fast food restaurant where I made lots of friends, kissed a boy while standing in a freezer, ate so many french fries I gained some poundage F-A-S-T and went home every night smelling of grease. All I wanted was a job where I smelled the same when I left as when I began.
4. What characteristics do you despise?
In myself or others? For others, I’d say phoniness, arrogance and lack of sensitivity. For myself, I’d say my lack of motivation sometimes, my bitchy side that I (try to) keep under wraps and my spoiled “I want what I want when I want it” side.
5. To where would you retire?
Requirements: warm but not hot, near the ocean, excellent bookstores and good shopping malls, no fuckin’ snow – where might this place be? I’ll go there as soon as I turn 65.
6. Are you named after anyone?
There was a woman my mom knew who was just lovely and she wanted to name me after her. We saw her once in a food store and my mom mentioned that she was who I was named after. (She really was very pretty. Lisa Lanciotti was her name, I believe.)
7. How do you release anger?
Tears, always tears. This way my body has of releasing anger has caused me no end of difficulty in the work environment. I had one boss who used to WIG OUT! every time I cried. He and I had such a horrific dynamic together – and I felt helpless and frustrated almost all the time I spent there. After a while, I’d just go into the bathroom, cry and get it out, wash my face and go back to work.
8. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Oh hell no! Why would I do something like that? Puhhhlease. (Short answer: yes)
9. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I just listed a bunch under question 4 but if I had to pick one it’s my indecisiveness on most things and my difficulty in completing personal tasks. (At work, I do things like that just fine. No problem at all. In my own life? Not so much. What’s that about, you think?)
Love your answer to #3. Very evocative, very Fast Times at Ridgemont High. In fact, thanks to you I now have the lyrics to “Somebody’s Baby” running through my head!