I decided to go back and review all my Valentine’s Day entries on ye olde Snarkypants to see what I’ve said in the past (because I am just that infatuated with my own writing). When I wasn’t blathering on about the Goddaughter of Love (who seemed to be the focus of many posts), I was writing about things and people I loved. I decided to continue in that tradition today.
Things and people I adore and the reasons why
(circa February 2010)
1. Thing: raw milk – mmmmm! This is my newest yumminess and it is awesomeness in a bottle. I got just a half gallon of it to make sure I liked it and once I had a glass, I was hooked. I think my body LOVES the Vitamin D in there because I totally crave it now. This last time I ordered a gallon so we’ll see how long that lasts.
2. Person: My friend Christine who has the dearest heart of almost anyone I know. She’s sweet, fun and just seeing her face and her smile always makes me feel loved. I remember meeting her about 4 years ago and just really wanting to be friends with her. I gave her my phone number and when she called, I was so so happy. She’s one of my closest buddies and always a good woo-woo guinea peeg.
3. Thing: my laptop – my constant companion, holder of all my Cookie photos, podcasts, and internets (which I love with the heat of a thousand million white hot suns) – bury me with it because I can’t go anywhere without my computer. Not even Heaven where I hear there’s unlimited internets.
4. Person: my muse – for a bunch of reasons but especially because they help stir up that creative second chakra energy even while laughing at my 12 year old Cookie crush. A world class champeeen woo-woo guinea peeg who halfway pays attention to what the guides say (heh) and who gives me all the worship one High Priestess of Woo-Woo deserves. :)
5. Thing: I’m going to put my cats in here even though they aren’t “things” per se. They are as follows: Miss Lucie, my snuggle bunny and Miss Sophia, my independent love. After spending almost six or seven months learning how to adapt to each other, they are finally on the road. In fact, the other day I witnessed a miracle: Sophia jumped up on a chair where Lucie was snoozing and instead of there being a small hissing incident, Sophia proceeded to lick Lucie’s head and Lucie let her. True, it was for about 10 seconds but hey! It’s progress. I love them both, even if Lucie can’t quite figure out why peeing in her box is preferable to the plastic surrounding it (for just that reason) and Sophie thinks that going out into the sunroom in the winter is like going outside. We let her have that fantasy. It’s cold out there anyway.
6. Person: Couldn’t let this one go by: My two sekrit boyfriends: David Cook and Hal Sparks. Love Cookie’s voice, arm porn, sweet nature, laugh and (ahem) fanbase. Love Hal’s intelligence, quick wit, ability to be totally comfortable with who he is, arm porn and his accessibility. It was immediate love with Cookie but Hal totally won me over. I feel very balanced in my love/lust for these two men.
7. Thing: my really wonderful california king size bed that I share with just Sophia. Duty snores and has weird bedtime habits (or maybe it’s me who has them) so we sleep in separate rooms. Pretty much always have because only children who get married really late in life prefer it that way. Mostly because I can read when I want, toss and turn, sleep sideways, and generally let my guard down there. You’d have to be pretty amazing for me to sleep in the same bed with you for any length of time. (Hal or David would win hands down. The rest of youse? Aww hell naw!)
8. Person: Neighbor Greg – he may be a redneck who smokes and drinks with the best of them but we have been beyond blessed to live near his family and be a part of their life. He drives me crazy by explaining EVERY FUCKING THING to me (it always starts out “Now, what ya wanna do is ….” and what I mostly wanna just do is roll my eyes and scream). Yet, my inner voice knows that if I listened once in a while, I’d learn something. Plus, he came over at 10:30pm one night to get a mouse that died in the living room while Duty was off on a work adventure. (ICK!) Can’t beat that. He’s a good man.
And now, I think I will take myself shopping for some socks with hearts on them. I love them! heh
Don’t you think it’s wonderful how your heart expands to embrace both Cookie and Sparkela? (You’re Snarkela, he’s Sparkela — proof that it’s meant to be.)
My Rey-Rey thinks the front hall is the Great Outdoors because the carpeting — and accompanying smells — are different. I’m jealous. I wish walking into the hall was as exciting to me as it is to him.