Sunday Stealing: The Meme Time Meme
01. Real First Name: Queen Lydia of Snorglefoot – what? You don’t believe me? Well, it’s true.
02. Birthday: I haz one. I will not loves the one I’m hazzing this year as it’s one of those “big” -0 ones.
03. Where do you live: In a house. By water. With loves and (somewhat mangled) pets. And internets.
04: What are you studying/What are you working as: I currently masquerade as an operations manager at a financial services firm but most of it involves making sure stuff gets faxed with the right cover sheet on it (TPS reports, anyone?), (poorly) greeting clients as they come in and giving my boss energetic readings of mutual fund wholesalers so he can decide if they should present their funds to the office or not.
05. What makes you happy: Sunny days, my Ipod, holding babies, talking to my guides in Spirit, having kitties nestle in my lap while I’m watching television, finding long-lost friends on Facebook and eating.
06. What are you listening to now/have listened to last: The sound of the electric heater since it’s really chilly and we used up all the heating oil and don’t want to order more.
07. What is particularly good/bad about your blog: Particularly good: My dorky-ass sense of humor and unusual perspective on my life. Particularly bad: I realize I write about what’s going on in my own life so it might seem as if I have no interest in what’s happening outside of that. NOT TRUE, I say! When discussing politics, I tend to get extra-ranty and that messes up the energy of my light-hearted whining. I rant about current world events in many other places online.
08. An interesting fact about you: I almost never sleep sans panties.
09. Are you in love/have a crush at the moment: I’m moving past the honeymoon stage with sekrit boyfriend (into the comfortable stage) and am almost there with other sekrit boyfriend (who does, I admit, feed me a very steady diet of his life so it keeps me amused). So, comfortable loves but no crushes.
10. Favorite place to be: I almost typed “in my own body” but realized how wrong that was because that is my LEAST favorite place to be. Is that changing? Doubtful. Favorite place? By the ocean.
11. Favorite lyric: As always: “Make me fall for you / as if I have nothing else to do / Let me hold you true to everything I thought I knew
12. Best time of the year: Spring (warm days!) and Fall (cool days!)
13. Weirdest food you like: I don’t think I like anything that unusual – I do enjoy pizza crusts and will forsake the rest of the slice to gnaw on the crusts.
01. A film: Bridget Jones’s Diary – why? Because I love it and can (and have) watched it eleventy billion times. Bridget is really “every girl” at heart (IMO).
02. A book: “The Shock Doctrine” by Naomi Klein – Have I read it? Not yet – it’s really dense and a big read of a BIG issue.
03. A song: “Straight Ahead” by sekrit BF. Love this one.
04: A band: Oh, I don’t know.
01. One thing you like about a blogger that you have not met: I wish I could scratch Gal out of this by having met her but that didn’t work out so I can say this about her: She has one of the hugest hearts of anyone I know. She feels things deeply and quite, quite often goes out of her way to help wherever she sees a need for it. I love that (and a million other things) about her.
02. Two things you like about yourself: I am highly attuned to the feelings of others (even when they try really hard to keep them buried) and take exquisite care not to intentionally hurt them. I’m also a big dork and when I get past my self-consciousness, I let that show. People seem to like that.
03. Name three things that you need in a lover: 1. that your name be David Cook 2. that your name be Hal Sparks and 3. that you be upstairs in my bed waiting for me as soon as I finish this fun meme.
And now, lulz:
see more Lolcats and funny pictures