Dag, y’all! I can’t believe I haven’t posted in a week (plus a day)! What is wrong with me? Every night (just about) I’ve had stuff to do and it seemed like it was the weekend before I blinked.
And now it’s Sunday. (I think.) I am quite happy about the time change thingy because it means spring is right around the corner. No more snow! No more snow! (Did I jinx myself?) I saw daffodils around town! Wheeee!
Here, in no particular order, is what’s rolling around in my brainspace:
1. I’m not sure if you knew that Friday was a pretty big day, astrologically speaking. I don’t know all the ins and outs of it and even if I did, I couldn’t explain it very well. In laymen’s terms, here’s the deal: some planet moved into a sign which only happens every 84 years. These two things together explode the old and bring in the new. (Uranus moving into Aries)
Wait, here’s an astrologer I know from DU to ‘splain:
Uranus is a very powerful electric force from the cosmos. It’s feels kinda like being unplugged from the 110 and plugged suddenly back into the 440.
There is nothing to fear with this planet, especially if you are TRYING to move forward in your life. Remember, it is TOTALLY unpredictable and doesn’t even know what IT is going to do until it happens. Some people will experience NOTHING… that usually means the change is going on inwardly.
Uranus liberates. If you are helping yourself to liberate, it will help. If you are resisting change, it is likely to cause more stress in your life, all depends.
Interestingly enough, the quake in Japan happened *right* as Uranus moved into Aries. Pretty eerie, eh? As we are seeing, there’s a big movement afoot to tear down the old (that which is no longer working) and bring in something that does. There’s also a movement afoot (coughrepublicanscough) to take us way back to another time and place where women and minorities have fewer (if any) rights. Yeah, that won’t be working because (thankfully) people are waking up. Bottom line: all the astrologers say hold on to your britches, baybee. It’s gonna get pretty bumpy but things will eventually work out for the highest good.
2. Babyholding is the cure for what ails ya. But then you knew that? (Right, Jody? Kids, you ought to see her granddaughter. OH MY GOD! I would smish that baby for hours, she is too darn cute!!) Duty and I went to see PeterMan and Luke yesterday and had fun playing tent and watching Peter crawl like a demon and then smile his ass off when he is able to pull himself up. Talk about smishing! OY!
3. Presented the first of three tele-classes I’m teaching on Tuesday. Did you know that it takes a good bit of information to fill up one hour’s worth of talking? I ran out of info 35 minutes in and had to sort of improvise a bit. Live and learn. I have a buttload of stuff for class this week and I shall not run out! I am taking a different tack and keeping the lines un-muted during the call so people can jump in and comment. Last time it was just me and I felt like I was talking into the abyss.
4. A weekend free of de-cluttering! Actually, I miss Kim being here and getting us in shape. She works a part-time job at Home Depot and had some weekend hours so I had to forfeit some decluttering time. She gave me a HUGE good start and I think I can continue on until she has some extra time to come back. Duty and Greg are going to be working on that back room – tearing down the hideous paneling (UGH! so Brady Bunch!) and ripping up the carpet and making it all pretty for me to use as my office. I can’t wait.
5. Remember that weird pain in my butt (no, not the husband. No, not the job although that is rather a PITA) – it’s baaack! It’s not a herniated disk like I thought back then and usually a visit to the chiro’s office fixes me right up. I know, though, that it’s just a symbol for something larger. I shall have to chat with my higher self and ask WTF is going on. Because OWW.
6. If you need a laugh (often a “tears in your eyes” kind of laugh) you MUST go to this site NOW (that’s an order): Damn You Auto Correct I am not kidding – when I read this site I am often laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face. Yes, I am easily amused, ’tis true. But this is some funny stuff. (Lots of the funny comes from the responses to the auto-correct fail.
So, there you have it. My week in a nutshell! What have you guys been doing, eh?
I *swear* I left a comment here yesterday! Where do they go? Anyway, here I go again …
Re: #3 — I listened to the think you sent me and thought you sounded great. Remember, the only way I knew that you were a little short on prepared content is that you told me. No way your listeners would have picked up on it, so don't let it throw you off your game. As the original punky QB, Joe Namath, used to say, "First prepare. Then have faith."
And do you realize that two weeks from yesterday we will actually meet? How cool is that?
My recent post Vacation Prep
You might want to meditate on the phrase, "pain in the butt." Who is that to you? (You don't have to tell us — you know.)
We know your life is blasting into gear and new directions. I'm totally excited for you.
RE: #3: Don't forget I listened to your link and thought you did very, very well last Tuesday. I only knew you ran out of material early because you told me! It wasn't obvious at all. (I'd tell you if it was.)
What has happened in Japan is so massive it's beyond my comprehension. It's funny, but I was more upset about the shootings in Arizona. I think it's because I can get my mind and emotions around that. This kind of devastation just leaves me numb. It does humble me, though. So little man can control! I wonder if that isn't part of the universe's message.
BTW, we'll be meeting two weeks from today!