1. Yes, I spoke up. Emailed my boss (with the help of a co-worker who took out all my EMOTION!!! from it and brought it down to facts.) and sent it off Monday.
2. As soon as I did that, the Universe opened the funnel and down came three (THREE) appointments and one sale of my E-book! See what taking action does?
3. I talked with my boss yesterday and she calmed a lot of my fears. Turns out the new guy that’s coming in as a “junior broker” will be the one to take over many of the tasks I don’t have time to do (or want to do because they’re over my head). I’ll still be interacting with broker’s clients and all but not as much as now and since JB (as I’ll call him) is clearly capable of doing these things (as mentor boy wasn’t), I don’t think it will fall on me.
4. Why can’t someone just tell me all this at the outset? Everything in that office is so weird and hush-hush (all offices are like that, yes?) that it encourages fears rather than allays them. Part of the issue is the brokerboy himself. He has some, uh, “pay attention to me” issues (around the office we call him “Mr. Big Stuff” (as in the song “who do you think you are, Mr. Big Stuff”)) because he’s quite self-important.
He’s treated me very well – no complaints there – but I recognize that much of it is because I’m useful to him. Isn’t that a negative view? I know, I know. But it’s true. Sad. But true.
5. Big sigh of relief is heard ’round the Snarkela household.
6. Birfday celebrations this weekend (minus Mr. Duty) – going to see Aunt Nellie and maybe hanging with Cousin O’Cool and her boyz. YEY