Here my A’s to your (unasked-for-but-I-can-read-your-mind) Q’s:
Dear FOUR readers whom I love muchly,
1) Yes, I did, in fact, spend $65 on a sports bra at Nordstroms because there is no way you can jump rope with double D’s and not live to regret it. Just sayin’, mmkay? I think the puppies are relatively strapped down but short of wearing two bras (which I hear IS done), this is as good as it gets.
2) I thought I was a loner. That must have changed some time in the last year because I’m more “lonely” than “loner” these days. Surely there’s a balance between dealing with morons for 8 hours a day AND sitting at home, sulking in silence, yes? I believe I haz found it. Read on, Mcduff!
3) Day 2 of part-time work position and I am quite happy about it. I don’t have to deal with 100 ringing phones, morons at the front desk, and idiot brokers (although speaking of such, Mr. Big Stuff gave me a huge hug when he saw me back in the office. Usually he talks shit about people and throws them under the bus. I believe he has done both with me at some point but it’s no longer relevant so he can be magnanimous, I suppose.). I am back in the corner suite working with the highest producing team in the office (MBS is knocking it out of the park this year – these ladies will have to kick some ass to catch up with him!) and their phones are not (too) crazy and I get to do all the crap work! YEY! (Seriously, give me a task and let me research and I’m happy.)
4) Part 2 of work: I am so happy to have a routine again and see my friends. I missed them all. And it’s also nice to be welcomed back into the fold with open arms. This may be a good balance between PI stuff and non-PI stuff. Plenty of time for both and it keeps me focused and moving so RAH RAH for me!
5) Brogan is LOVING his time at the doggie day care with second mama Melissa. He comes home exhausted and it’s so peaceful and nice. Win/Win for all.
6) Why is my ass ouching? Crossfit trainer takes no pity on the chubster. Just none. Today we did 5 overhead presses (I did 15lbs), 10 deadlifts and 15 step-ups. As many rounds as we could in 10 minutes. (I did 3) 15 lbs isn’t too bad the first go-round (and stop laughing at me all you people who are pressing a kazillion pounds in your sleep) but by the 3rd, my arms were tired, my butt was aching from doing the squats and the step ups and whew! My heart was beating out of my chest. I’ll be paying for this tomorrow.
I need some wine, a bubble bath and a massage.
None of which I’ll be getting tonight.
But a girl can dream, right?
A girl can dream! Indeed, it’s advised to do so.
I want a really awesome bathroom with a big tub! And possibly someone (COOKie?) to fetch me adult beverages while I am covered in bubbles. That sounds nice to me! (Off to dream!)
I almost quit after reading #1. TWO BRAS?! NO!
I wonder if you weren’t missing the discipline imposed by interacting with others, rather than the actual interaction. Of course, this could just be me looking at life through my I-currently-work-in-a-clown-car prism. (And thank you for your advice about dealing w/my fellow clowns!)
I do think that’s a piece of it, Gal. I work better with some semblance of structure but not too much that I feel like I’m in prison. I seek the balance always (such a Libra!).
OK, I am guilty of the double bra and then an extremely tight t-shirt to strap the puppies down! (baggy shirt over top, cause no one needs to see that!) There is nothing worse than having to explain bruises on your face from getting punched by the boobs! from your Double D twin – heading towards triple D’s with this pregnancy… I think if I sleep on my back I could drown! I now wear bras all the time – except the shower…
Gravity! Gotta love it! Also, pregnancy boobies! woo hooo! :) How are things going? Feeling any better these days?
Pregnancy is going better the issue I was having- a sub Cronic Hematoma is clearing up and the 2 are growing and right size as we peek at them each week. Still missing the fur babies, two at once was hard to handle as well as the baby issues at the same time… but things are starting to calm down.
Hope you’re doing well too!