Day 7 Five Pet Peeves
Just five? This whole frigging blog is filled to the brim with my pet peeves! Oh alright. Five.
Here we go!
- My mailbox is across the small road that goes by our house. Invariably, when I go to get the mail (be it morning, afternoon or evening) a car comes down that road and I have to stop and wait for it. That irks me no end. Why? Who knows. It just does. And here’s the thing – it’s not a busy road. Why does it become so the minute I step out my door to retrieve the mail? Conundrums of the Universe.
- No matter where I go in this house, the pets follow me. Bathroom (why?), outside (well, I get that one) … I’m like the Pied Piper around here. They don’t follow Duty that way. You can imagine the fun we had with four cats and a dog following me hither and yon.
- Text speak hurts my heart. It does and I don’t care if you think that’s stupid. Imagine something you care deeply about and seeing it trashed day in and day out. I want to cry.
- People who choose not to read the instructions. For my class, every week I post the agenda and each agenda has the call in information. Same call in numbers but different URL to use for the recording. Damn if several of them are all “where do I find the last recording?” IT’S ON THE AGENDA I ALREADY POSTED! It’s there every single week. Pay attention!! Sheesh.
- I think Gal mentioned this one too: cashiers who cannot be bothered to acknowledge you as a customer and/or say thank you. If I were manager of any store, I’d piss employees off so bad because I would drill basic common courtesy into them like a big dog. Look people in the eye, greet them, say thank you and treat them as a human being instead of just another pain in the butt thing you have to do. I’m old school like that.
Day 8 What you ate today
That’s easy! As I’m writing this at 7:40 am, I’ve had two cups of coffee and half a bagel. Aren’t you gratified to know this?