Chock-a-block jamming on the posts today. Let’s get to it!
Day 12: Five guys whom you find attractive
1. Eddie Izzard because he’s enormously comfortable being who he is – actor, comedian, executive transvestite – and I think he has a fascinating brain.
2. David Cook – well, this is a given, right? And what the hell kind of list would it be if I left off my (not-at-all) sekrit boyfriend, right? He’s got a beautiful voice, a giving heart and he’s so damn pretty when he’s not rocking the mountain man beard and/or a bad haircut.
3. Russell Brand – that’s a new one, innit? He’s interesting looking, yes. But his brain fascinates me (like Eddie’s does and note they’re both British) – he doesn’t give a shit about what anyone thinks and he’s just himself for better or worse. I admire that.
4. My co-worker Fred – the nicest man, bar none, that I have ever had the opportunity to meet. Kind, warm, genuine, intelligent and authentic, there is no one else truly like him that I know. I respect him immensely. (Plus, he’s been voted all-time-nicest-person-ever-in-perpetuity in the office. So, others see it, too.)
5. Duty because he lets me hold his heart. No one has ever been given that gift from him before and it’s one I earned. He’s smart, grounded and loves me to pieces. We may not have the same interests but we do want each other to be the very best we can be and offer support and help from that place.
Day 13: Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it
Oh, well, you know. Not so much with the comfort. I’ll get there eventually and I’m working to make peace with the fact that as it stands now (subject to change) I will not be a thin woman in this lifetime. I’m aiming for healthy, strong and happy to be in the physical as a goal. Getting there, inch by inch.
Day 14: What you wore today
Do you honestly care? No you don’t. So let’s make something up. Today, I walked around wearing a tiara all day so that all would see I am Queen of my own domain. And, red shoes because there’s no place like home. Also, fairy wings. Just because it was Thursday and officially Fairy day.
Day 15: Your zodiac sign and whether it fits you
29 degree Libra here (an hour and a half later I’d have been a Scorpio) so I embody the full range of Libran energy: all about balance, harmony, romance and indecisiveness. Duty will tell you that decisive action is not my strong suit. (Unless I feel very, very strongly about it.
For example, DO NOT stand between me and my Cookie because I will knock you out. This actually happened and there was no hesitation or weighing of options. I let them know, decisively, that their action did not please me. So look out, you who blocks access to my beloved.