“Have a holly, jolly Christmas, it’s the best time of the year ….”
HA! (Insert Chris Matthews bark here) Now you have Burl Ives in your ear for the rest of the day. You’re welcome.
Last year this time, we had a suddenly deceased dad (in-law) and impending snow storms that threatened the likelihood of getting atop the mountain where Cousin O’Cool lives.
This year? It is (I’m not kidding you) 60 degrees here and no one has died. So, yey for the holidays!
Random thoughts in no particular order:
1) This was the first year I limited myself to taking home just *4* Italian cookies from the baking extravaganza. And (holy shit!), I gave away one of my precious treats to a co-worker. I love them, I really do. But it’s more shit to jump on my already-over generous thighs and that just makes me sad. So, limits. (And I’ll snarf several more on Christmas Eve.)
2) Taking the dog-kids to Cousin O’Cool’s house for the family get-together. Please, dear baby Jesus, let them behave beautifully.
3) My Level One course of the Professional Mentoring group SOLD OUT! Woo hooooooo! I am shocked! Seriously. I did almost no marketing for this. A few newsletters, posts on FB and that’s about it. That’s how you know it’s aligned, energetically. When people just seem to show up out of nowhere, it’s really, really aligned.
Finally! Last year this time, I was flailing so so hard in this biz. Working with a coach who didn’t understand my direction (neither did I, so not totally blaming her) and then the debacle that was my two -day teleclass in January – well, it was tough. I was pretty sure I’d be going back to the day job full-time. Then POOF! Seemingly, out of nowhere (hahahah), came the idea of offering the course and then came the certification series. And the rest is history (sort of). I plan to have a full roster and bank account in 2014 with Practically Intuitive!
4) Can I tell you I’m over family BS and old grudges and crap. I don’t like you, you don’t like me, it goes back to lifetimes before this, let’s call the whole thing off, okay? (I’m not a good songwriter, it’s true.) I’m too old to pretend any more and you don’t have to either (ha! not that you ever did much but we’ll give you the benefit of the doubt).
5) I credit a lot of my forward movement in the last part of this year to 10,000 IUs of Vitamin D3 which has miraculously cleared the grumblies that always, always lived in my head. Much better mood all the way around. Wish I had known it was this easy.
As this is likely my last post before the impending holiday, I want to wish all THREE readers a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful and prosperous 2014. Thanks for the comments, the love and the stealth visits (yes, I see you out there!).