Here’s what I’ve learned four days into Duty’s vacation:
1) All the other times he’s gone away, I’ve been working outside the house. This is the first time he’s gone and I’m working from home. Which leads me to point #2.
2) Oh dear God, I’m going insane but very S L O W L Y. (You might not even notice.)
3) Dogs are lovely but not good talking companions.
4) I have no anchor without Duty (or someone to talk to). I feel like I’m un-tethered and floating way out in space.
5) I like the freedom to leave dishes in the sink or run the dishwasher with three things in it, knowing the dogs won’t criticize me.
6) My eating is for shit. With the exception of my one NutriBullet drink just about every day (spinach, banana, apple, strawberries, almonds and coconut milk), I’ve been eating horribly. Just off the rails.
7) All this leads me to think I’m not as far along on the introvert scale as I thought I was. Apparently, the day job provided an enormous amount of stimulation (too much, many days) that carried me along and the balance was fine. Nowadays? Hmmmm. Un-tethered, ambling, lonely and unmotivated.
8) Better pull my shit together fast. I’ve got stuff to do and all this craptastic eating is making me feel like crap. (makes sense)
Also too: send some good vibes please to Sophia Kitty. She’s not been well for a few days and I took her to the vet today. She’s under five pounds which, as the doctor told me, doesn’t bode well for her health.
However, she also has some spunk despite lethargy and dehydration so they’re going to pump her full of nutrients and whatnot, run blood tests and see what’s up. (to the tune of $700, oh you betcha!)
More on this as it unfolds.
Isn’t it possible that you’re an introvert who is simply very much in love with her husband? If you missed PEOPLE you would reach out to them. Sounds to me like you may just miss Duty.
Now that I sit in a clown car with three other people all the live long day, I can easily go all weekend without actually speaking to anyone. I’m just so tired of being perky and engaged and “on” by the time Friday night rolls around.
BTW, that photo of the astronaut floating through space TERRIFIES me. That, like the missing airliner, scares the shit out of me. I don’t like vast. Space, the deep blue sea, the wild blue yonder … you can have ’em. I think I’ve lived with cats too long. I have an overwhelming desire to squeeze my fat ass into a tiny shoe box.
I’ve been monitoring your FB page and am feeling quite heartened about the Sophia news.
I do love the hubs, it’s true. But Gal, I’ve happily gone a month without him when he was traveling for work and it was not a big deal. It’s dawned on me that I need connection but at my own pace.
And with a fear of wide open spaces, you STILL chose to see Gravity? You IS insane, woman! :)