It’s 6:43 am and I’m awake while everyone else is snoozing. (Thank you, doggies!)
I am essentially a morning person so the earlier I wake up, the better. Yesterday, Duty let me sleep in until 8:15 (and even brought me wake up coffee!) and while that’s nice for a once-in-a-while thing, it threw my whole day off.
Anyway, I started two posts and finished neither. One was essentially a bitch-fest over something someone did that irked me no end but I realized that this happens allll the time and I need to just get over myself. DELETE!
The other was a random “whaaa” drama queen post about the weirdness that is my life these days. No one needs that shit. DELETE.
So, I’m on my second cup of coffee and here are some thoughts for the day:
1. Sekrit BF has yet another hairstyle that is just wrong. That boy cannot style himself. He’s going to make me fall out of love with him if he keeps this up. That ‘flock of seagulls’ action you got going, Dave, messes with the pretty. (Also too: he’s sporting GREY in his beard and sideburns. The boy is just 32! Holy cow!)
2. Happy that Godson Peter and Big Bro Luke are coming for a pool party next week. Peter is hella allergic to cats (like, epi-pen allergic) and seeing as how I’ve had many over the years, he’s not been able to visit. Now that my beloved Sophia has moved on from the physical, he can come out. I am pretty sure I’ll get another cat at some future point but for now, it’s a worthwhile tradeoff.
3. Absolutely NO movement on the job front for Duty. None. And since this is a holiday week coming up, I don’t think there will be much going on. It is nice having him home (generally) because it allows me to do what I want without having to worry about the doggies but I’m also on a spending freeze for now so mostly staying home. I know that things will eventually return to normal at some point. (Or a new normal will be created.)
4. When we once again have a steady income (along with mine), I’d like to get a new Kindle. Our local library loans them out and I realized how much lighter they are than my frigging iPad. I have a ton of Ebooks that I peruse but would like to be able to carry them around with me. Reading books on your phone leaves a lot to be desired. So, new Kindle for me at some point.
5. Lots of good action happening on the PI front and I’m so glad that I can turn over some of the admin stuff to my VA (Virtual Assistant). I won’t have the time for all those little pieces that are essential to running an online business. I have two people already lined up for the fall Level One course and haven’t even advertised it yet so that’s cool. This summer one is just all over the place. I’m even all over the place. I shouldn’t have run it but did for reasons I don’t remember now. It’s not cohesive, I don’t feel present there and it’s just not my best effort. I don’t think I’ll run a summer class again.
That’s all the boring blatherings I have for today (for which you might be eternally glad!).