Didja know that? Of course you did, dear reader. You keep up on these sorts of things!
55? Jeebus. I can’t drive it (h/t Sammy Hagar) and I surely don’t want to be it but it is what it is (as the kids say).
So, to celebrate, let’s have a catch-up meme-0-rama, mmkay? (You can read the June 2009 version of this meme by clicking this very link!)
Here we go!
- de-clutter the house by myself
- stop watching “Jane the Virgin” (LOVE this show!)
- wean myself off pop-tarts (they’re not even good! What is my deal?)
- bear to sit on the couch we have in the front room for another winter
- even get into hockey any more (and that gives me a sad)
But I can
- almost, kinda-sorta cook (I even asked for prep bowls for my birthday. Clearly, insanity is around the corner.)
- binge-watch JtV eps on Netfilx for hours
- admire my beautiful ring that now fits perfectly
- read PJ’s mind most of the time (it’s not hard: food, out, treats, bone, Lily)
- take small comfort in Zippy’s nightime rituals where he snuggles up for about 5 minutes before it’s time to bite me and get tossed off the bed
- be moving from this house any time this year (dammit)
- judge myself constantly (more like intermittent judgery)
- have more that 4 cups of coffee per day (3 is my usual)
- eat chocolate cake for my birthday (or will I?)
- ever ever ever give up my internets
But I will
- not spend as much time online as I have been (it makes me bummed out and sluggish)
- get a focus for my business (I actually have one, sorta) and am sticking with it for all of 2016 (hold me to this, 3 peeps)
- cross my fingers for a new house in the near future
- dream that it’s by the water
- want it to be in an area with stores and Starbucks and people to do stuff with
- fall down in a ditch so much
- eat pretzels and pop tarts as often as I do
- go to bed so late
- take glee at the implosion going on in the Republican party (we’re all one, right? :) Yes, yes we are. No glee shall be had.)
- wish Zippy’s kitten joy away (even if it’s markedly different than the rest of the house. That’s what he’s here for – he’s a joy-bringer and he does it really well!)
And I should
- be glad he chose us for reasons we may never know
- take the rest of these books to the hospice store sometime this year
- be overjoyed that my friends from ye olde place of employ took me to lunch and brought me gifts and flowers (and I am!)
- quit scrolling through the Facebook feed to find something interesting to read (it ain’t there)
- get my fat butt back to the gym sooner rather than later
Happy, happy birthday! I will be swiping this meme and doing it next week for my own birthday. :-)
You are the most honest person, birthday girl. Love thyself, as we love you!
I love this post except for one thing: Your birthday is 10/22, you cheater! (Yes, I do keep track of these things.)
As I listen to Reynaldo howl and watch him knock shit over in order to hold my undivided attention, I am especially happy to read that you and little Z are making your peace.
Happy birthday, my friend. Hope there are delicious COOKIES in your future. And now I’m going to click that link and visit your former self.
Gal, I know it was a day early but I just wanted it out there and done with last night. :)
Thank you for the birthday wishes and COOKies in the future! Any kind of cookies are good! <3