Well, I AM grumpy so why not blog it out? Surely you’ve heard about “hugging it out” right? Consider this the Snarkypants version of that but calling it “whining it out” instead.
Let’s go, shall we?
1. It seems to me that I am surrounded of late by people who are so freaking self-involved that they cannot be bothered to ask how you are. It’s always all about them. I know it sounds sort of hypocritical to say “no, wait. Ask about me.” while calling them self-centered but there you are. The world really does exist outside of your little box, okay? And sometimes, it’s nice to give a shit about others in case you might, you know, need them some day. Yeesh.
2. This is a huge peeve: People on discussion websites who begin their comments with “Sorry, but blah blah blah …” I hate hate hate that whole “Sorry” part. Just say what you have to say and get on with it, for fuck’s sake.
3. Sorry, but this just irks me. (HA! See, I can laugh at my own self!) If you park under the building and have to walk 3 steps into the office, you do NOT get to complain about how cold and horrible it is outside. Try parking 4 blocks away and having to walk on a sheet of ice while trying not to get hit or splashed by cars careening down the road. I shall no longer give you any credibility, people in my office who do this.
4. How come every time I’m in a store and looking for something specific, when I find it there are people standing right in front of it contemplating their navels? Sure, I could say “Excuse me” or you know, “Get the hell out of my way” or something but I just fume silently and send them hateful glances. This really isn’t very love and light, I know. Should I go to confession for it? “Bless me Father for I have sinned or something. It’s been 30 years since my last confession. I spent the afternoon sending bad ju-ju to the fuckwits standing in my way.” It’s going to come back to me in some fashion, like perhaps someone tall standing in my direct line of sight at a Cookie concert. Dammit.
5. It is of my own making, yes. However, I cannot go ANYwhere without my pets either whining for attention (Sophia) or pestering me for food (Max and Lucie). Food = love in my house so the two downstairs can barely waddle to the food bowl but still they want more. Leave me alone for 3 seconds!
6. Small talk – hate hate hate it. I can only do so much of that BS “How’s the weather?” crap and then I’m either digging into your life as a child or not talking to you at all. Unfortunately, most people are quite content with the weather crap.